Special COVID-19 Amendment:
In order for you to be able to book with confidence at these uncertain times, all payments made can now be carried forward to a future booking or a refund can be issued if your booking has to be cancelled due to Government restrictions.
- Tenants must take good care of the property, keep it clean and tidy throughout their holiday and leave it clean and tidy upon their departure.
- Any breakages must be reported to us upon leaving the property.
- The lead name on the booking form (the Party Leader) must be over 18 years old and is held responsible for the behaviour of the party and the condition in which the property is left at the end of the stay.
- No change in identity of any member of the party booking shall take place without our prior written consent.
- Holiday lets commence at 3.00pm on the day of arrival and finish at 10.00am on the day of departure.
- On making the booking more than 8 weeks before the date of the holiday a deposit payment of £100 to £250 must be made per cottage and per week booked.
- Not less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday then the balance of the rent must be paid. A reminder will be sent in this respect. If we do not receive it by this date then you will be in breach of these conditions.
- If you book within 8 weeks of your holiday then the whole amount of the rent becomes payable when the booking is made.
- A contract is formed between us as the owners of the property and the Party Leader when we send written confirmation of the booking to you.
- Each property is offered on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of people as indicated in the property details shall use it.
- We reserve the right to refuse or curtail holidays where it transpires that we have been misled about the numbers or the people staying in the property at any one time.
- We also reserve the right to make any booking subject to a deposit being received against inventory and cleaning, refundable after the holiday, less any damaged or missing items.
- We also reserve the right to request payment in respect of damaged or missing items after the termination of your holiday with us. Any items in this respect will be detailed and a request made for payment direct to the Party Leader.
- Pets are only accepted in our holiday properties by prior arrangement.
Linen, Gas and Electric
- Towels and linen are provided in all our properties at no extra charge. If they are damaged during the stay then there could be an amount requested to be paid as in clause 4 (Occupancy) above.
- Gas and electric are included in the cost of your holiday term, provided they are within reasonable average consumption.
- No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to the client or any member of their party, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party.
- Gavinburn Cottages Ltd or their Directors accept no liability for any damage to guests vehicles during the course of their stay or when travelling to and from the cottages.
- If, upon arrival you feel there are reasonable grounds for complaint about your property then we must be contacted immediately so that, if possible, we can take appropriate action during your stay. If a reasonable ground for compliant arises during your holiday then again we should be contacted as soon as possible after the complaint arises.
- Whilst everything will be done within our power to rectify problems, no guarantees about repair will be given and any refunds will be entirely at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to get access to the property at any reasonable time for essential maintenance. Where possible prior arrangements will be made.
- If at any time before the start of your holiday you wish to cancel for any reason then the rental will be due in full and payment will be sought. Any legal fees that are incurred in pursuing this payment will be borne by you.
- If you confirm your cancellation in writing we will seek to re-let the property at the best possible price but not necessarily at the previously advertised price. If successful, we will normally return the balance of the rental to you, less the deposit and an administration fee of £25. Deposits are non- refundable.
- You are advised to take out suitable cancellation or other insurance to cover you being unable to take your holiday in the property.
- In the unlikely event that your accommodation becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control then we will refund your monies in full and be under no other liability. If due to a fault with the cottages and you are forced to cut short your stay, we will reimburse you for the remaining nights that you were unable to stay.
- We regret that we can not accept responsibility for any lost property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every effort to return lost property we will accept no liability in this respect.
- All reasonable effort will be made to advise clients in advance of any situation which may affect your holiday. However, we accept no liability for any disturbance which may occur and is outside of our control.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information given either orally or written and all representations are made in good faith, no such representations can create any legal liability.
- Bookings are made on the understanding that you have read the property description on the web site.